Monday, April 14, 2008

BoOk TwO

20. Winston and the girl have never met, yet her note says, “I love you.” How does Winston feel about the girl at this point in the story? Discuss your definition of love and whether or not you believe it is possible for two people who have never spent any time together to really be in love.

Winston is confused because all of a sudden a girl he just met tells him that she loves him. I believe that there is love at first sight, but in a sense its not love but the beauty of someone. However I don not think that the girl and Winston are truly in love. Because the government does not allow women and men to marry or have sex out of love, Winston and the girl are desperate. At the same time, I feel that the girl would not have said that with any other person because she felt a connection with Winston. Winston also knowing this is very wierd and confusing, he was willing to have sex with the girl. First I think that Winston had sex with the gril out of lust and desire, but later on he accually get to know her and like her.

No comments: